Enjoy 5 hours on Kapiti Island Rangitira Point. Stunningly beautiful, pristine native bush, remote yet easily accessible on our purpose built jet boat hosted by our world class guides ... More info ›
Enjoy 5 hours on Kapiti Island Rangitira Point. Stunningly beautiful, pristine native bush, remote yet easily accessible on our purpose built jet boat hosted by our world class guides. View rare and endangered species up close world class be with nature in a world class day trip. Enjoy peace and quiet of the isolated beach of Rangitira Bay. Swim in the Marine Reserve or just relax.
Your are few click away from booking an experience of a life time to one of New Zealand's conversation jewels; Kapiti Island. (No permit required we take care of that for you)
Soak up the beauty, hear the stories of the Ngati Toa Maori people, spot whales (in season) sea birds, rare and endangered native birds in their natural environment free of predators such as rats, stoats and possums. Spot your favorites , Tui, Kereru the fat chicken, Mr Weka, critically endangered Takahae, Hihi commonly called the stich bird, NZ Falcon, the saddle back scratching around on the ground, that's just to name a few, oh don't forget the fantail.
Feel like you have like you have been taken back in time as you walk through stunning native bush spotting rare native birds found no where else in the world. You will see birds which are on the brink of extinction.
Ko te Waewae Kapiti o Tara Raua ko Rangitane , "Kapiti Island" (Translated this means boundaries between the Ngai Tara and Rangitane tribal lands)
Ancestral home of Nagti Toa Rangitira, Tangata Whenua and Kiatiaki of this beautiful land.
Sit on the beach in peace and admire the rugged coastline or swim in the Kapiti Marine reserve, picnic on the lawn or down by the bay.
The choice is yours!
What you get
What to bring
- Meet your guide at the Kapiti boat club for your introduction and bio security clearance
- Board our purpose built 10.5 meter, 400 horse jet boat and ride across Rauoterangi channel to Kapiti island ( 6 nautical miles) which takes about 20 minutes
- Launching is an experience in itself with the tractor backing you into the ocean. (100% safety record over 23 years)
- Land at Rangitira point and you are there "paradise" feel like you have stepped back in time
- 20 minute presentation at the Department of Conservation center on the island
- Take one our our one hour guided walks with experienced guide or explore yourself (Booking essential guided walk limited to 10 per trip)
- Enjoy full cell phone coverage on most of the island selfie and post on face book , trip advisor .....
- Return to Kapiti
- Lunch in a sealed container - No open or loose food please(Mr Kaka and his mate the cheeky Weka tend to steal your food !)
- Walking shoes or walking sandals
- Camera and phone for the best selfies and capturing those moments
- If you intend on swimming in the bay bring your towel or book some snorkel gear from us as an extra
- Water bottle
- Kapiti Island Eco believes in sustainability and protecting our Eco systems we strongly encourage that guests do not bring single use plastic onto the island